Friday, March 23, 2012

{She Said} Getting His Hair Did

I personally gave Zach his first few snips but he went in for his first OFFICIAL hair cut by a "professional" yesterday!

He was definitely skeptical... that place was WAY too over stimulating. People talked to us in entirely too loud and high pitched voices. It makes me appreciate how kids are having more and more ADHD... their hearing, sight, etc is sharper than it will be for the rest of their life yet we have everything brighter and louder for them. It doesn't make sense. Needless to say, Zach kept giving us the "where have you taken me and when can we leave" look.

Before...
He got to sit in a little car. The lady remarked about how interesting it was that no matter how young boys always seem to know what to do with the steering wheel. Well, first off, I wouldn't really call it an advaced skill. Pretty simple- it really only does what it was intended to do. But I can see where she is coming from.

We didn't realize there were straps and the lady wasn't really too helpful in that area. Matt and her kept doing an odd dance because Matt didn't want to put him in until she was ready so that Zach wouldn't get antsy. So she kept telling Matt to put him in the car and then she would walk off so Matt would continue to hold him. Finally she was ready and Matt put him in the car but like I said, he didn't get strapped in because we weren't made aware of this feature. Zach really didn't know what to think of the lady and what she was doing to his head so he kept leaning away from her. Well at one point he just nearly leaned himself right out of that car. Then he got strapped in.
We finally got him to stop leaning away by giving him a hair clip to examine. He thought it was fascinating so that did the trick. It was really good thinking to wait to introduce hair clips to him until this moment.

We are pleased as punch (oh yea, I just said that) with the end result. He is very dashing, if I do say so myself!
And, yep, that is a tiny bag of hair that I got to go home with. I apparently can put it in his (ahem, non-existent) baby book. Or you can have it if you want it.

1 comment:

Higginski said...

You were really on a roll with this one...hilarious.