Let me tell you about this last weekend…
First off, things have been a bit crazy so we were intentionally taking a weekend off. It was intended to be low key and while, for the most part it was, a lot went down.
Friday night we had tickets to the Rangers game. While it sprinkled on and off all day, the skies had cleared so, after packing up, we headed out. We weren’t 5 minutes from the house when the skies opened up. At first it wasn’t too bad and we thought that maybe by the time we got to the ball park it would have stopped… then the torrential down pour began. We decided to turn back.
On the way home we drove through Boston Market. Matt opened the window to order and instantaneously he and the inside of the car door were soaked. Matt immediately, rolled the window up. “How are you going to order with the window closed,” I queried. “I’m working on it,” Matt responded. I handed him my rain coat to hold in front of the window to repel some of the gallons of water pouring in. In his confusion he only held up the arm of the jacket and then wondered why it wasn’t doing any good.
Finally we moved up to the window. Matt felt this would be better due to being on a different side of the building and the direction of the rain. Boy was he wrong. While we waited for the girl to take our credit card, Matt went to task cleaning up some of the water in the car. At some point into this process I realized that he was using one napkin that had been reduced to a balled up wad of soaked paper… yet he didn’t get another napkin nor did he look for another solution, he just kept wiping with the wad. Finally, I reached in the back and pulled out the towel we let Capri lay on when she is in the car… “we have a towel!?!” Matt’s exclamation was followed by what looked like a great big bear hug around the towel. Finally it was time to open the window again. At this point I have to say that it was lucky that we didn’t lose our food or credit card in the huge wind gusts. The girl was immediately soaked when she opened the window. Her little visor/ hat was blown off in the wind. All I could do was laugh at the absurdity of this entire scenario. Zach started laughing too when he heard how amused I was. It was all quite a scene. I’m sure Matt really appreciated our amusement.
We finally made it home only to find that our power was out. We prepared a bottle for Zach and went to task trying to get him to go to bed. Then a knock came on the door- our neighbors were locked out of their house and asked Matt to help them break in. Matt got some tools and headed out.
After the allowed destruction of our neighbor’s home and getting Zach to bed, Matt and I ate and discussed what would need to be thrown out from the fridge. We went to bed early and read by fake candle light.
That was just Friday… the rest of the weekend on another day.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment