I have to say… I LOVE the age of ONE!
I’ve said it many times before- I’m not really a newborn person. I don’t feel the need to hold and cuddle tiny babies in my presence. It’s not that I have an adverse reaction to them- they are cute and fun in their own teeny way but I just don’t go all gah gah over them. This insight of mine, when shared, has often been met with looks of confusion and/or disapproval. I’m just being honest. Now, don’t get me wrong… I did love holding and cuddling with MY baby but generally it’s just not my thing.
That being said (again), I LOVE the age Zach is at right now. He has a bit of independence and is starting to comprehend what he is and isn’t allowed to do. He is such a sponge. I am constantly teaching him new things and everything is exciting and new for him. The best is that when I go to pick him up he reaches out for me and hugs me. It is just all so amazing. Even when it's not... it is.
To think it has only been a year. From those long first days and nights, it didn’t take long to get here.
I hope I can remember this the next time.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment