Tuesday, June 26, 2012

{She Said} Haverty's Plan

Due to Matt opening his office (and thus needing furniture) we are doing some rearranging in our house. We decided that we needed a piece for (what is becoming the extra bedroom- yay!) storage and embarked to our furniture haunts- Weirs, Haverty’s, and Ashley’s.

As we drove up to Haverty’s (which, as I am tying, I am having a lot of trouble not spelling is Haverties) Matt very seriously exclaimed that we needed to make a plan. This perplexed me as Matt is not the plan guy out of the two of us AND we were just looking at furniture- not going into battle. This was Matt’s proposed plan…
  1. Matt will enter first.
  2. He will inevitably be approached by a sales person and will go into a long, in depth description of needing a recliner and wanting to hear all the specs on every recliner they had.
  3. As this discussion is occurring I slip in behind him and sneak off to look at the actual furniture that interests us, unencumbered by a sales person.
  4. Matt will keep the sales person busy with questions about recliners, the mechanism of different recliners, where in the world the leather is from, and in the reclining handle is made of oak or maple wood while I complete all of my looking.
  5. When I am finished I will execute a signal and Matt will abruptly end the discussion on recliners and quickly exit the store.
  6. We will reconvene at the car.
I am proud to tell you that we did not execute this plan and my “leave-me-the-explitive-alone” look kept the sales people off our butts very effectively.

No comments: