Monday, June 18, 2012

{She Said} Legal Leap

So... you might have been wondering (for the past year and a half or so, ahem) what Matt's been up to and what his plans were. Let me give you the low down.

At first he was taking some time off. Then I was pregnant and we were awaiting baby Zach's arrival. Then I suffered from some pretty heinous post-partum anxiety and decided to go back to work so Matt stayed home to support me. That brings us to now.

Over the last year, Matt has done contractual research for various lawyers that he has enjoyed. He has liked the flexibility and working from home but, of course, that doesn't include what is really "fun" about being a lawyer... it would be like me sitting around and just writing lesson plans all day.

Back when he was finishing up law school, Matt looked at me one day and said, "how great would it be to start my own law firm." To which I promptly said, "uh, not so great." This theme has kept coming up over the last year and a half. And finally, in March, I said "oh, alright you big goon."

That being said...

Matt's first invoiced payment to his new law firm (shaded out for security purposes).
Oh jeez... what have we gotten ourselves into!?!?

1 comment:

Higginski said...

Yay! Congrats Matt!