Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{She Said} Oh Yea, I Eat at These Places

A couple of random musings about places I have dined over the last week…

Why does Sonic bring you so many things when you order (anything really but mainly) a Blizzard? I treated Matt to a Father’s Day Blizzard a while back and this is all that came out on the little red tray when it was delivered:
  • The Blizzard
  • A spoon
  • A straw (does anyone ACTUALLY eat or more appropriately drink a Blizzard with a straw… ever)
  • 3 copies of the receipt (seriously, you would think we just ordered life insurance by the seriousness of the documentation provided)
  • Then, not to long after that, out of nowhere a person on skates appeared and offered us ketchup and mints.
Too much sonic… too much.

The day before that I was treating my dad to some Father’s Day Cici’s Pizza (oh yea, only the best for MY guys) and on the way in, there was a sign on the door saying, “We brought the Alfredo back only because YOU and only YOU asked for it!”

What the heck is that supposed to mean… “we think it’s nasty and we don’t like it but you asked for it so here you go”.

I also think that this is very telling of the Cici’s constituency. Pizza isn’t bad enough they require added cream sauce. I researched this Cici’s Alfredo sauce and do you know that there was a whole Facebook protest page to get Cici’s to take away the (more nutritious) Chicken Noodle Soup in favor of bringing back the Alfredo sauce. And I guess people are responding so positively to the return of the sauce that Cici’s can’t keep enough of it on the line- they have two pots of it for every one of marinara. Rediculous.

Here was Cici’s trying to respond to the Nation’s demand for healthier food options but the partakers of Cici’s WERE NOT having it. They want their calories in slice AND sauce form.

The only thing that might help here is a couple extra receipts.

No comments: