A friend of Matt's from law school had a BBQ so we arrived (un)fashionably late to that and had some great fellowship. Why were we so late, you ask? Well let me tell you. This is the second social event (at someone's house... so double rude) that we have been terribly late to because of my inconvinient napper. Zach WILL NOT nap all day until its 10-20 minutes before we need to leave. THEN he falls fast asleep and I am in a conundrum- wake him up and have a moody Zach at someone else's house or let him get a good little bit of shut eye. I would, admittedly, rather have a happy Zach and suffer the rudeness (and possible loss of social invites). Good thing I tend to socialize with other mommies.
We had a great time! Zach's good buddies Mac and Hayden were there and then he met a new buddy, Jackson!
Zach could have ridden around in this contraption being pushed by Hayden all day. For this, Zach won't eat the Reeces that Hayden accidentaly left in our fridge the other day.
This is her "those silly boys!" look. We are commiserating over what we have to put up with.
Yea, after the guys finished this rousing game of throwing the small plastic balls at one another, they went outside to play football... in the middle of the day... in July... I don't get it either.
Katelin turning on the charm with baby Jackson... I would say it worked but I believe this is one of the happiest babies I've met and so it might have just been his natural disposition... and the sight of that bottle.After the BBQ, Matt, Zach, and I headed to Azel to listen to a friend's band play. We sat in the lawn and shock of all shocks... I got biten by a spider. Nature loves me. But the music was great and there was free cold bottled water and Sonic hot dogs so you can't ask for too much more than that!
"In this heat, this IS my happy face!"
Zach loved listening to the music. He clapped along and started dancing a couple times.
And since I have a world platform here...
STAY HYDRATED KIDS!
No comments:
Post a Comment