Thursday, September 27, 2012

{She Said} It's All Fun and Games Until a Dog Pees in the Fountain

A couple weeks ago, after lunch one day, Matt needed to run a quick errand so Zach and I walked around Keller Town Center and then down to the town hall. There is a fountain infront of town hall that water falls over the edge of and into a grate around the bottom (I assume to be recycled back up into the fountain). Zach immediately ran over to said fountain and was pretty well soaked in the first 30 seconds.




He slapped the water falling down the sides and stomped on the grate. He splashed and played and pretty much thought this was the best thing that had happened to him in a long time. That was until the dogs came along…

As I was taking pictures of these good times a caught sight of something in my peripheral vision and looked up to see a huge grey hound staring down at me. I grabbed Zach and pulled him away a bit. Just then, the owner (I assume) rode up on her bike and asked if it was ok if her dogs got a drink in the fountain. By “getting a drink” she meant, play and splash around in the fountain. I was a little irked but just nodded and pulled Zach around to the opposite side of the fountain. This was all fine and good until the pee…

As Zach continued to play, I was trying to be very cognizant of where the dogs (oh yea, did I mention that there were actually TWO large grey hounds) were. Suddenly one caught my eye as she (I assume) crouched into the fountain that my child was playing in and peed.

Hmmm. Alright, Zach, no more playing in the fountain.

The owner of the dogs pulled them out and rode off sheepishly. You can see her getting back on her bike toward the left of the following picture...
So that is the story of how one woman ruined Zach's fountain fun because she prioritized her dog's peeing habit over his happiness. I am taking names of people that want to beat her up.

Matt thinks I should have said something and maybe I should have but generally when my saying something isn’t going to change another’s vice (i.e. stupidity, inconsiderateness, mindlessness, etc) I save my breath. I chose to save my breath. Next time, I will ask from the get go if the owner thinks their dog will pee in the fountain.

No comments: