I'm really torn on this place. It was pretty fun and the kids definitely got a kick out of it. But, the animals act as if they are starved, other than these pellets, of food and they have almost formed a gang mentality where one animal will stand in the way of the car so that the others can harrass you for food. There were times where I thought a very aggressive donkey was threatening us in his own way.
At one point, a very aggressive llama actually stuck his head so far into the car and over Zach that he was nose-to-nose with Justin. As Justin thought this was getting a little out of hand, he started insisting the llama get his head out of the car. The llama reared his head back and spat masticated food pellet all over Justin's face.
I wish I could say I didn't laugh. I did. And from the very back of the car, Heather's wise words were, "my grandmother always said, stay away from the llamas... they spit."
During the rest of the drive, we were much more selective of who we opened the windows for. I spent much of the drive taking selfies with animals through the car windows.
The whole time, I told (a very un-amused) Matt that we were making memories. And we were. And I love these memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment