Monday, November 11, 2013

{She Said} Summer Oklahoma Lodge Trip

We got away with some friends for a long weekend this summer to a lodge in Oklahoma. The scenery was beautiful and it was a great, low key break. We were in the middle of the Arbuckle Mountains.
 One day, we went to a Native American memorial/ museum and it was AMAZING. There was an area set up with authentic houses and then a museum with all sorts of neat artifacts and information. The way it was set up was extremely kid friendly and educational. The history teacher in me was a happy happy girl.
 The kids LOVED this forest built into the middle of the museum. I wanted to go camping in there... partially because it was inside camping and partially because it was so beautiful and peaceful.
 At the end of the museum there was this dance circle exhibit so Heather and the kids and I did some dancing and chanting around the (fake) fire.
 The lodge had this huge deck that opened out to a great expanse of land with the mountains on the other side. We played some football and the kids did some running around. Anna found a lot of bugs. I really liked the bug part (no I did not).
It was a lot of fun with the kids getting to play and the adults getting to, well, I wouldn't quite characterize it as relaxing as we had a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old but I would definitely say I was enjoying this life and my family.

If you think this was all the fun... I've left out part of the story. More on that later.

No comments: