Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Where have {I} been?

Well, you may or may not know that I’m pregnant. Like really pregnant. 5 and a half months pregnant. And we found out the last day of school so I spent a great deal of my summer sleeping and/or feeling ill (note- I don’t say being ill because with my pregnancies I don’t actually have a physical manifestation of illness- I just feel nauseated all the time). It wasn’t a head space where I wanted to sit down at the computer and write about how I was feeling.

That being said, I hope to catch up on some of the summer activities soon. But now we are in fall.

So I started feeling better just as school started but, just as luck would have it, it has been the most challenging and stressful year of teaching so far. So I’ve been preoccupied. But I’m slowly getting motivated here. Between writing current lesson plans, grading, answering e-mail, and planning for being out for 12 weeks later this year, I am slowly getting motivated.
The pregnancy has been similar to my last. Nauseated and tired for the first 14 weeks. One difference with this one was I didn’t lose my appetite as much AND I had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth for the first trimester. At 14 weeks that started clearing up and I have felt pretty good since then. I started Braxton hicks contractions a little on the early side but they never progressed to too much of a concerning level. I started feeling the little man (oh yea, it’s a little man) wiggling around periodically at 11 weeks and then the real kicks and movements started at around 16-18 weeks. The man was able to feel the kicks on the outside starting last week. The first-born just made the comment to me the other day of, “mommy, you are getting BIG.” Thanks son. Yes, I am.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Keep up the good work!