If I’m really honest, I am struggling right now. I love this
time of year but I am overwhelmed with so much to be done before the baby comes
and so much to be done for the season and then I am trying to be fully present
for my family (mainly my three-year-old who seems to REALLY need my support
right now), and I’m trying to take care of myself for this little baby building
project I have going on. And it’s a lot. And to top it off, I am upset because
I don’t feel like I am really getting to enjoy the holidays- again, my favorite
time of year. I’m just struggling.
I know it is just a season of life. I know the many ways I
am blessed in such a busy time.
I keep trying to take a step back and let things go but even
after I let things go there is still SO much to do and SO little time. And I’m
tired. And I’m big. My ankles are swelling. My heart-burn is going.
I will keep going and this will pass but, in the meantime,
right now, I am struggling.
2 comments:
Praying for you!
Just today I kind of lost it in regard to how many things I need to do before Christmas, and how I want to enjoy it but I am stressed, and "Why are things so complicated? We should go back to giving people oranges and nuts in their stocking and them being ecstatic."
All that is to say, I feel ya, and judging by the two other 'agrees' before me, lots of people are feeling the pressure right now; you are understood. While I'm not happy my bud is struggling, it's always a kind of comfort to know you're not the only one. Let's all try to be kind to each other and just be happy with each other's presence - and 'oranges.'
Also, I'm not pregnant on top of all of that, so that makes my situation easier. Although I do have some heartburn and swelling because when I'm stressed I eat salty things.
Post a Comment