It was a fun Christmas at our house. It was nice and relaxed and Zach was super excited about all of it.
As has been the tradition since Zach was an infant, Christmas Eve consisted of Church, pizza, and then driving around looking at Christmas Lights.
Then we had Christmas morning...
I want everyone to remember that I am pregnant here.
Zach has been REALLY into space lately... hence the inflatable planets and rocket ship tent.
Then, dad and Nancy came over for a late lunch/early dinner. I made corn and took the cranberry sauce out of the can (my specialty). If I'm honest, I gave Matt the recipe and he made the corn. But I did take that cranberry sauce out! Nancy made a turkey and stuffing and then potato latkes!
I hate to just focus on presents and food here because I don't think that's what it's all about... though both indicate fellowship which IS something that it is about (not the main thing but something). Those things are just what I have pictures of. I will say, for posterity, here that we have been having some really QUALITY family time lately- especially over the Christmas holiday break. Some circumstances with Zach's school led him to be home with us the entire break (we usually keep him in a couple days a week during breaks for consistence). This led to family movie times, cooking together, shopping together, crafts, resting, playing,... just loads of quality family time and Christmas day was no different. I really cherish those couple weeks our family had together. It was special.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment