Sunday, January 3, 2010

[He Said] Ahh!! That Mario...


I just read Jen's last post, directly preceding this one, about the new Super Mario game for the Wii.   Jen eloquently described some of the game's finer points, and I would expect nothing less from my beloved.  She is herself eloquent, and she is also somewhat of a Mario genius.  I, myself, have some thoughts as well.  But before I get started, I just need to throw out two questions that are on my mind.

First, I have heard that Mario's first name AND last name are both "Mario".  His name is Mario Mario!  I guess they are the Mario Brothers, so it is Mario Mario and his sibling Luigi Mario.  What was their mother thinking?  Can you imagine me being named Matt Matt... ridiculous.  And Mrs. Mario named her other kid Luigi--which I'm sorry might as well be loogie--poor guy.  Oh well, in spite of their somewhat odd names, you gotta love those little heroic guys.  That brings me to my second question.

How did a simple plumber man, with a huge stash and a name like Mario Mario, get a princess like Princess Peach?  My hat is off to him!  I already admired the guy for being able to dodge bullets and hold his breath for like 20 minutes...  He must also have a way with the ladies.  Was he plunging the palace toilet when Peach came in?  Because it takes a good deal of charm to talk your way out of a situation like that (believe you me).  Way to go Mario Mario!  You must be a good guy, and nobody questions your devotion to Princess Peach.  After all, you have had to rescue her like 5 million times.

Jen grew up playing Mario Brothers, and she is incredible at it.  She is not exaggerating when she talks about having a sixth sense when it comes to the game.  It's kind of like Neo in the Matrix...  The two of us have had some down time over the last couple of days, so we've been able to play.  The game is fun, and I like it a lot.  But what has made it extra special, is playing together.  Just the two of us, with some take out Chinese food, a warm fire, and Super Mario Brothers Wii...

No comments: