Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{She Said} A Week of Firsts

We had a couple firsts in our marriage last week.

First, we woke up on valentine’s day and realized that neither of us had gotten each other anything and that didn’t bother either of us. So being a very resourceful guy, Matt immediately suggested that we would take one another shopping. This was met with a yippee from me and we journeyed to the mall for a bag for me and then to Best Buy for Wii games for Matt. It was actually one of the nicer valentine’s days we have had- without expectations, just the two of us being together and treating one another.

Then, I got into the first fender bender since we have been married. Hit some ice on the way to work and slowly bumped into a Ford SUV (in the Honda). To which the owner of said SUV flipped her lid as if I was careening down the road with an intention to slam into her with all of my might. She called the cops on me- though the damage was EXTREMELY minor (I mean, the Honda just has a paint scuff), and then proceeded to complain about how she was late for a meeting which was a big problem because she herself was an all important insurance adjuster. There were many times that I fought the urge to say, “Oh yea, well I educate today’s youth – if I took a poll, I bet people would say I was more important so CHILL OUT.” She was very upset when the police officer A) told her that the police didn’t need to be called for such a minor accident and B) didn’t report me to the state. Thank you, police man, for avenging me so that I didn’t have to cause a scene myself.

Finally, I noticed a drip under the kitchen sink. While normally something people dread and moan over, I actually caught this leak EXTREMELY early and was appreciative that if there was going to be a drip, these were the circumstances in which it would be found. There wasn’t much of a mess, just a little puddle. We found a hole in our garbage disposal. The Man, coming off of a very resourceful week (remember Matt “The Tool Man” Gilpin and his sidekick), was thinking he could do a patch job but after a short jaunt of exploring the options, he realized that we were just going to have to break down and replace the disposal (umm and for you really awesome people that might think we could just go with out – ha ha). This was the first (out of many to come, I am sure) major-ish appliances we have had to replace on our own. I appreciate that the appliance gods are breaking us into this one slowly with a relatively minor costing one. Next for us, probably a microwave as Rachel viciously tore the handle off of our current one during her extended visit. That Rachel- such a crazy cat!

Anyway, all that to say that I have a new purse. Matt is spending more time on the Wii. The Honda is no longer pristine. And the shiny new garbage disposal was installed this morning.

1 comment:

Higginski said...

Hey, I was really hungry for that Lean Cuisine!