Sunday, July 25, 2010

{She Said} Bee Boppin' to the Bar

We are in the final moments pre-bar. I’m going to throw some miscellaneous information your way here.
  • Matt hasn’t gotten a hair cut in months. The intention was there, just never prioritized and got around to it. So we have been comparing him to Samson. We believe his law knowledge is in his hair and if he got it cut, he would lose all of his brilliance. At least that is what we are going with to excuse his long luscious locks.
  • The above pictured are sound suppressors for the gun range. Matt wears them while he studies to be able to focus better. We are hoping they will let him wear them in the bar because he much prefers them to the little ear plugs. According to Matt, the ear plugs fall out... I don't get it but I don't question anymore either.


  • The throwing knives have a new target…
For those of you not in our bar prep hole, that is the cover to one of Matt’s several bar prep manuals. Matt tells me that throwing at it has improved his accuracy.
  • It is Christmas in July on QVC (not THE Home Shopping Network but a home shopping network). So I spend my days watching merchandise on the TV for Christmas time and that makes me super happy. Believe it or not, I have not nor do I have any intention of buying anything. I just like to be a Christmas merch voyeur.


  • Over his breakfast buffet this morning (I went to a couple different places to get him an assortment of breakfast items because, if you will recall, he has stopped making decisions and I couldn't guess this morning), Matt and I discussed the schedule for the Bar days. So, if you are interested, here you go…Monday: Matt will review in the morning while I go to a couple meetings and then we will have lunch together before he heads out to Arlington. I will meet him in Arlington for dinner. Tuesday: Matt tests in the morning with the afternoon off (i.e. more time for studying and hating life). I will go out to Arlington at some point to bring him some food and anything else he needs. (This is Matt’s Birthday- Happy Birthday to You). Wednesday: Matt tests all day. He has just a short lunch break so I will probably drop something off for him for lunch. I might go out that evening as well to watch Big Brother but it will depend on my schedule and how Matt is feeling. Thursday: Ohh to get to Thursday. This is the day Matt is most worried about. Again, a short lunch break so I will probably bring him some food. Other than that, it is a full day of testing, after which, I expect Matt will go out with his friends to “debrief.” I then expect him to come home and promptly go to bed. We shall see.
I am pretty sure it is inevitable that the bar takers will hate themselves even more post-bar so don't expect any updates on how Matt felt about the test. There may be quite a period where we pretend it never happened. Just go with it.

2 comments:

Caryl said...

Good luck Matt!!!! We'll be thinking about you :-)

0812 Lane said...

GOOD LUCK MATT!