I got a very special birthday present yesterday: the end of my first trimester. While it hasn’t been the magical turnaround some explain it to be, things do seem to be on the up-and-up. I am not nauseous all the time now… just for a while after I eat. It is worse in the afternoons. Fatigue is still haunting me but I don’t expect much different until I get a good solid break… teaching really takes it out of you when you are amazing at it like me (for those of you that don’t know me well enough… I was being sarcastic).
One thing I don’t know what to think about now is the issue of whether I am showing or not. I look chubby. It is not cute. It is not round. It is concentrated chubbiness in my tummy area. I would like to add here that I have only gained 2 pounds so far in my pregnancy so for those of you thinking I am hitting too many tacos the scale doesn’t think so. It doesn’t really bother me too much because people don’t think too much of it… it kind of blends into the chubby thighs I have always been blessed with so I just go about my business but it is really hard to answer the question of whether I am showing or not. When I am naked you can tell, especially if you know me well enough to know that my stomach is usually relatively flat-ish. Anyhow… evidently this baby is moving out of my pelvis and into my abdomen over the next couple weeks so maybe it will round things out a bit. Until then… chubby it is!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment