Sunday, January 30, 2011

{She Said} Satisfying Cereal At Last!

A couple weeks ago Matt and I were in the grocery store and as we entered the cereal aisle, he very enthusiastically exclaimed that he wanted Cheerios. I said, “alright” and pointed him to where they keep the Cheerios which, as a side note, at our local neighborhood Kroger is always on the bottom shelf. My marketing mind automatically goes to either that they are really confident in Cheerio sales or someone at the Cheerios office really hacked off Mr. Kroger somewhere. Anyway… Matt got his box of Cheerios and away we went.

Fast forward to grocery shopping last week- as we entered the cereal aisle I looked to Matt and asked if he wanted some more Cheerios. He kind of scrunched up his face and explained to me that Cheerios don’t taste the same as he remembers them so he thinks he is going to go with something else.

Me: Alright, how about some Honey Nut Cheerios?

Matt: Isn’t that what we got?

Me: No, you got the regular Cheerios.


Matt: There is more than one kind of Cheerio?

At this point, I showed him not only the two different types in question but the other Cheerio options.

Matt: Well then that explains why I have been suffering through cereal that tastes like cardboard for a week.

He couldn’t bring himself to have Cheerios of any kind so we got Honey Nut Chex. The next day he very happily ate three bowls of cereal for breakfast. Mystery solved.

1 comment:

Higginski said...

This is very endearing. I'm glad Matt is happy with his cereal now.