So, I get a lot of e-mails. Much of the time, e-mails these days include a signature line or lines that are automatically provided by the e-mail service. Mine has one as well. I have been noticing lately that many people not only put, after their name, their level of education (or post-nominal letters) but also then list all of the responsibilities of their job.
I personally have always kept my signature line very simple, but I have a masters- maybe I should add that. AND I have extraneous responsibilities at the school- maybe I should add those. To me, it has just always seemed a bit pretentious to include all that but if that gets me taken more seriously maybe I should consider including them. It could be pretty rad. Then, I might also consider as my quote (you know the one that evidently encapsulates a person’s entire being so they include it at the bottom of their signature line on all e-mails): “You know what, just don’t bother e-mailing me. As you can see I am just too freakin’ busy.”
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment