Wednesday, February 2, 2011

{She Said} Sliding in to the Third

Momentous occasion today… I have just entered my third trimester. I actually didn't think this would be until next week and honestly, it has been a little bittersweet for me: on one hand, baby is coming soon so yay but on the other hand, everyone says that I am about to get really uncomfortable. So far I really feel great but what is in store for me now? I am not great with the unknown. I want answers.

We are really doing good taking steps toward Baby Arrival 2011.
Started birthing class- We chose to go with the Bradley Method over, the more commonly known and referred to in movies, Lamaze. It encourages more partner involvement in the birth experience. Woo hoo for Matt, right. We came upon this method when our friends Justin and Heather had good feedback from it and after researching a bit we said, “sure!”

We have gotten some stuff- Speaking of Justin and Heather, beyond my scolding them for up and moving to Maryland, they are champs because they sent all their baby stuff back to us from there. So we now have some essentials to get us started and keep us from having to spend needless money while their stuff is sitting, unused, in an attic somewhere in stupid Maryland.

Nursery is coming along- Crib is supposedly being delivered tomorrow though the ice sheets covering our street make me question that a bit. We have all the wall accouterments but are just waiting until we get the big furniture in place to position those things. I got the bumper, skirt and sheeting already (mental note: wash the sheets). And Aunt Caryl and I have been feverishly collaborating on the quilt- it will be awesome, she does good work.

Name is chosen- I know, this is a big one…
Zachary Lawrence
You might ask yourself, “why?” I’ll tell you why. Because we like it. No, literally, we chose Zachary just because we like it. We came upon it the first time we seriously talked about names. (Side note: I wouldn’t talk about names before we knew the gender- seemed like 50% wasted effort to me. On the drive home after finding out that it was a boy, Becky and Matt started brainstorming some really outlandish things so I didn’t take that serious and it actually irritated me quite a lot at the time because I felt this was a serious matter that shouldn’t be joked about. Thank you, hormones.) Both Matt and I instantly liked Zachary but neither of us were willing to give in to it so readily. It was the first name on the serious list and while the serious list never grew very long some contenders did come out of the woodwork but, in the end, this is the one that stuck. I decided and became dedicated to it first but was very cautious to not pressure Matt and eventually he came to the same conclusion as well. As for Lawrence, that is Matt’s middle name. That was always kind of a given. There you have it: the naming of our first born.

So, as you can see, we are moving right along. May the rest of my months be as chipper and lovely as the last few have been. Here’s hoping… for Matt’s sake.

2 comments:

0812 Lane said...

i LOVE the name :) he's gonna be a heartbreaker!

Emily said...

Aw, so sweet...baby Zach is such a lucky boy! glad to read that the weather hasn't made you insane (yet). I am going BONKERS...I've been at home with Eli for about 10 days (he was quite sick before the ice storm). Its been loads of fun!
-em