Tuesday, March 29, 2011

[He Said] Word game on a grid, hint hint

Speaking of raising the household IQ (see Jen's last post), Jen and I have been doing a daily crossword puzzle together. It's been fun, but those things are spittin' hard... I feel like I contribute just fine; however, Jen is definitely better than me when it comes to these things. She's good at speaking in code. I try to at least pull my weight with topics such as sports, mechanical stuff, legal jargon, etc.

Some of our recent favorites from the last couple of weeks:

Consistently annoying people = Gadflies
They don't get any reception = Elopers
A proper senor has one = Tilde
"Copy that!" = Roger
It gets into hot water = Tea bag
Wells's warring factions = Worlds
More than healthy sense of self = Ego
Verve = Elan
Volcano in Sicily = Etna
Latvian port = Riga
Japanese immigrant to America = Issei

No comments: