I’m big but I still don’t feel that big. In fact, this is causing Matt some anxiety as I still think I can do whatever I want including but not limited to climbing up on to things, bending way over, holding my breath for long periods of time, moving heavy objects, and running around all over the place without breaks. He is consistently reminding me that I am VERY pregnant and need to try to not damage our baby. In fact Matt and I have actually had a conversation where I was trying to convince him that I wasn’t THAT pregnant yet and he emphatically disagreed using the words “extremely pregnant” and “stop lying to yourself.” He came out the victor there when we confirmed with several others that I was indeed very pregnant (but none of them used the word extremely).
According to the doctor, I am measuring big but the baby is small (1-2 weeks behind the due date) and I don’t have excessive fluids. He says it’s just how my body grew- probably because I have a longer torso. Zach is great- we had a sonogram and he was opening and closing his eyes when the tech showed us his little face. My little love bug. He is in the appropriate head down position- what a champ!
I would say the biggest thing holding me back at this point is the reduced lung capacity. Just giving the students (or Matt) a good talking to leaves me breathing a bit heavier. It’s ridiculous.
Since March is coming in like a lion my allergies have been pretty bad. This has reduced my appetite- good and bad thing. So we are trying to focus on strong nutritional value when I do eat.
Getting dressed is posing a bit more of a challenge as well- if you can imagine that. I mainly struggle with things not being long enough. I have seen plenty of pregnant women walking around with their bare belly hanging out of the bottom of their shirt to know that it’s not a look for me. The biggest problem is that even the pregnancy undershirts (tanks, tees, camis etc.) are too short. I am working with the belly bands on this problem right now. No crises yet.
The belly has come back to being smooth as a babies bottom- thank you coco butter for getting us through the hard times. Have still avoided some of the eyesores- linea negra, super hair, stretch marks, etc. The skin is stretching to the point that veins are a little more prominent underneath my snow white skin. Despite a little bit of a setback last month, it has regained some of its cuteness- just in a bigger way. It is sagging more with the weight but what can you do- growing a human in there.
I’m trying my best to avoid waddling. I am more successful in the morning when I have more energy etc. and everything goes out the window when I need to go to the bathroom. At that point I just walk however will keep me from wetting myself. It’s pretty attractive.
The movements aren’t really kicks so much anymore as much as they are mass movements and migrations. He was nuzzling me in the ribs consistently but he has moved on from that. Many of his movements (when he isn’t trying to convince me to let him out a little early) are still what I call nuzzles. Almost like he is rubbing his hands or feet together and cuddling with me. He seems like a very content little boy. He lets me sleep at night and I swear that any time I am getting concerned that I haven’t felt movement in a while, if I talk to him about it he gives me some little reassuring nudges.
I hear that easy pregnancies mean difficult labors. Let’s hope that’s not the case because overall I have few complaints with being pregnant. It’s been a pretty fun adventure… so far.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment