Thursday, May 31, 2012

[He Said] Re: Really?

Okay, Jen's last post warrants a response.  Let me clarify something.  It is true that after we listened to the song Everything I Own, I asked her if--like in the song--she would give up everything she owned for me.  In Jen's post, however, she says her response was, "I guess I would."  That is not exactly correct.  That statement, "I guess I would," seems to, albeit hesitantly, express a positive answer in that she would give up everything she owns.  In actuality, she said, "I guess I would, probably."

That one word "probably" might not seem like an issue; but considering the topic of discussion, it makes a world of difference! ...  Probably... ahhh geez.  I know my wife well.  I love her to death.  I know she would do anything for me, but she sure likes to have her fun.  Jen likes to say such things to keep me on my toes and keep the coals hot under my feet.

After her "probably" Jen asked, "Well, what about you? Would you give up everything you own for me?"  I did not miss a beat!  I told her that I would get out of the car, stand on the street corner, throw my keys away, cut up the cards and ID in my wallet, walk away from everything I own, and wander around as a homeless nomad to be with her.  I told her I was 100 percent sure without doubt or question...  Jen took a brief second and then said, "Oh... well, I guess you are more dedicated than I am."  But here's the kicker, you see!  She can't say that either.  She can't say that I am more dedicated.  All she can really say is that I am more dedicated... PROBABLY!


1 comment:

Higginski said...

I asked Justin the same question after reading Jen's post. He said, "Yes!" right away, and then without missing a beat, said, "Wait, am I really rich? Like rich enough that I could just clone you?"