Friday, June 1, 2012

{She Said} Ahh the Joys... Snacks to Share

I’m in the middle of a cross-curricular (discussing similar content as it applies to multiple subject areas) activity with an English teacher buddy at school. We are discussing mythology vs tall tales and then the students are making their own Texas mythology.


As part of the preparation and back ground study for this project, we watched mythology and tall tale cartoons on Friday. Beforehand we had told the students that they were welcome to bring snacks to share with one another. One student brought a big bag of popcorn. He sat through my class chomping on popcorn. When he came back for his English class, I noticed something in his hand… “it’s my tooth.” I of course, was highly grossed out and turned to the English teacher to take over. He sent the student to the nurse.

The student eventually returned and went back to his popcorn. A bit later there was some hubbub going on and the same student exclaimed that he had dropped his tooth into his popcorn. At this point, I looked over to the student and noticed several students chomping on this popcorn. I made sure they were aware of the tooth situation… they were… they were eating the popcorn anyway.

Next thing I knew, students were passing the popcorn around and all having a handful. They eventually found that tooth. Oh yea- I’m still nauseated.