Last year, we had family pictures taken at the pumpkin patch in Flower Mound. It was a really fun, low-key place so despite our being entirely too busy throughout October, I told Matt that I would like to prioritize a trip there this year. And we did. But Zach and I went when Matt was out of town. Too bad for Matt (he wasn't too disappointed).
It was actually really fun Zach and Mommy time. I know that Zach missed his buddy, daddy, but we went with our friends and so he had a little distraction from the daddy sized hole left in the activity.
Of course, the best (for Z) was the inflatables and the rides (hay ride and train ride) but he is also at this funny age where you can tell he gets it when things are a little hectic or amusing with so many people around. He got a kick out of all of the stand-ups but I think he also thought the mass quantity of them was weird. And he didn't know WHAT to do about all those pumpkins.
Yep, for you son, I climbed my pregnant booty into that barrell and rode the train ride.
The inflatables were interesting because, while Z is usually so athletic and physical tasks (especially climbing) usually come quite easy to him, he went into one inflatable that presented a challenge for him. But he persevered! There was this part of the inflatable where he had to climb up these small flimsy foot-holds to get to a slide and bounce pad on the otherside. He kept trying, and moving to different areas, and using different methods until he got over the hill! I was so proud of him not giving up- he didn't cry, he didn't whine, he did ask me questions and he did ask for suggestions and he just kept right on at it and once he did it, he wanted to do it over and over.
Upp- there comes the thumb... he is getting over this activity. But once he found something to pretend to drive, he was fine again.
We picked out a...
short, round mommy pumpkin
tall, skinny daddy pumpkin
a little/ medium sized Zachy pumpkin
and a teeny weeny baby pumpkin
No comments:
Post a Comment